Monday, April 28, 2008

The Day We Have All Been Waiting For!

Tara graduated from BYU in Graphic Design this past week and it has been quite an education!! First of all, Randy and I found out for the first time ---just exactly WHAT Graphic Design really entails, and we have gained a greater appreciation for all the talent, creativity, thought, ingenuity, and HARD WORK that goes into any magazine cover, book cover, poster, etc. that shows up in our house. We loved seeing the displays the students had set up, watching a presentation about the loves and hates of Graphic Designers (by the way, they all love MAC and hate Microsoft!) and seeing a great photo video of all the graduates (12!) in their group doing all their adventures of the past couple of years. Needless to say, we are very proud of Tara, and her Professors had wonderful words of praise for her abilities. She also put on an Indian dinner for the group, parents and guests that were at the graduation. We think she has decided she doesn't want to be a caterer!!

We also had the chance to be with our cute grand daughter Kate,(both Randy and I had a little quality time babysitting!), Amy, mom and dad, my sister from Dallas, my brother Kirk, sisters in laws, and many other nieces and nephews. We really feel blessed to have so many family members that we share our lives with. Randy took me up to visit my brother's grave in SLC, and I hadn't been there for awhile. It brought back a flood of emotions, and I wish so much that I could share my life with him now, and he could share his with me. We miss him so much! What a fun, handsome, man he was.

Troy also packed up his very SCARRY dorm room. I can't even tell you how many dirty clothes there were. I have definitely missed some "mother training" somewhere! Oh well, we have all summer to work on him! But, that brought another flood of emotions, because I realized we are done moving children into dorms! It makes me very sad--it is such a joyous time in a Freshman's life. He had a great time and last night here at home, we had to close down the "new dorms" in Murrieta at 3:30 AM!! Wow, it could be a looooooooong summer!!

I also came home to a few surprises! Randy had installed an "interesting" light fixture and had done some much needed repairs in our home. I loved the projects being done--yeah! I didn't need to ask! I will add a photo of the light fixture next time and take votes on if we should "go with it or not". The reviews have been mixed!

I am going to try to add some pics-they may be a bit random, but I will try and improve!
Tara and Kate
The Graduate
Tara and Amy
Mom and Tara
Proud Randy and Christy

7 comments:

Laurel said...

I kept my eyes wide open hoping to see you somewhere on campus, but never did. We always see people we know at graduation, but not this year! What a crowd, over 6000 graduates this year. That is so nice that Tara's group was on the small side and intimate. Both of Andrew's event were in the Marriott Center. It was a cattle call! But we were very proud of him and his accomplishment in spite of his many family demands. Come soon. I miss talking to you. Ruby asked me Sunday if I knew Grandma Christy. She thought we should be friends.

Snowmomutah said...

Don't be sad, you can help Kate move into dorms someday. Plus that means one more year closer to being done paying for college. Unless you want to pay for Kate's too. JK. It was fun to see you and Randy and I'm proud of Tara too, she's a awesome graphic designer even if she does hate scrapbooking.

Rachel said...

It was so fun seeing you! I am in love with that playhouse (picture with Sadie). Is that in your back yard? We definitely need to come and crash at your house this summer! And we'll have to stop by Sally's too. You guys are the fun family! Did you know we live right by the cemetery where my dad's buried? I couldn't remember if you've been to our house before.

lisset said...

congratulations to tara! what an accomplishment! what are her plans now that the world is her oyster??
lisset :)

Sally Jensen Interiors said...

Oh man...I wish I could have been there. It sounds cool because it was a smaller group. Can't wait to see you!

Alyson Plowman said...

Okay...sister...I am so bothered at how cute your blog is. I don't think it's right! I need to call Sally as soon as I get 5 hours to have her help me!

Alex said...

GO TARA..now the world is at you feet..AND you never have to set foot in a classroom ever again, as long as you don't to :)