Sunday, May 18, 2008

Expectations of Mother's Day Change!!

What a great group photo op!!


Cousins at Mark's Wedding dinner- they are all grown up (kind of!) and
still causing the family papparrazi to go "crazy".

As a young mother, my Mother's Day expectations consisted of getting to sleep in, breakfast in bed, not making dinner, and definately NOT doing the dishes. Quite often, those expectations weren't able to be met. How life changes------- NOW my expectations are just one simple amazing request----------TO BE WITH MY FAMILY! How lucky I was this year, to be with,
my father and mother, Amy, Kate, Sally, Dave, Tara, Ruby, Sadie, and Troy. I missed Matt and Randy and his boys, Miles and Troy H.-so, next year, I will have to HOPE that everyone can be there. WOW am I lucky!
Cute grand daughters- Sadie, Kate, Ruby!
I am so lucky to share Mother's Day with them!

A smile is all I need to make my day!

Sally and I at the wedding. My jacket disappeared
at the reception- I must have amazing taste!

The flowers at Temple Square - I wish I
had their gardners! (Oh yeah, I do-RANDY!)
There are NO words to describe a TROY sandwich!

9 comments:

Sandy: said...

Christy, it's so fun to see you and your family. I'm glad that you had a great Mother's day. Fun pictures. And how fun to spend it with your mom. I hope everyone is doing well.

Laurel said...

I'm glad that you had an amazing Mother's Day. We had a great telephone call from Nate. You definitely have good taste. I liked the jacket. I really enjoyed the pictures. Troy is all grown up and handsome! Give a "hi" to Randy for me.

Marcus Lane said...

Thanks for coming up for the wedding. It meant a lot. The paparazzi will always be crazy! HA HA! Hopefully we will make it back to CA later this summer.

Alex said...

Great pictures. I agree. Being with family, especially grandkids at holidays . That's the only present I need :) Weellll....I do like shopping too :)

diane said...

Sounds like a perfect day. I used to want to get away from my kids and now I just want to hang with them! Your grand daughters are adorable!

Alyson Plowman said...

Christy,
You forgot to mention getting a new back up drive for Mother's Day...that's what I got, isn't that what all women want for Mother's Day? Forget the sentimental stuff or the expensive jewelry..just go for the back up drive!

I made my blog cute! It's not perfect, I still need to talk to Sally, but it's closer to how cute your is!

Kylee said...

I am glad I found you on here! now we can be blogging friends! I love you!

The Summerhays Crew said...

Christy!! It is so nice to have found you and your cute girls again! My mom and I were talking about you guys the other day and saying how much we missed being around you and your family. You guys truly were great friends!! Well here is my family blog, I would lovve to keep in touch!

-Jessica (Swenson) Summerhays

Christina said...

Hi Christy! It's nice to see you've got in to this blog thing! it will help us keep in touch! Xoxo Christina