Sunday, July 13, 2008

No Frills, No Pics, Just Extended Editions!

I woke up this morning thinking about how lucky I am to have such a wonderful extended family. My children, my grand children, and Randy and I find most of our joy in our lives from sharing it with them, their personalities, and the things we do together. This is not an attempt to talk about them all, but I have had the joy's of thinking about some of them this morning and I am thankful for:

  • A fun sister and her sweet husband (Alyson and Jeff), who went out of their way to include, create, and MAKE SURE we had a fun time on our vacation to Arkansas. They always want us to have a good time, and I have noticed that it is sharing that fun, that makes it fun for all of us!!
  • A Mom and Dad and a Mother-in-Law and Father-in-Law who have instilled in us the joy of our heart swelling on July 4th because we love our country.
  • The simple enjoyment of my in-laws to drive through Oregon and share in their heritage and home.
  • A Mom and Dad who open their home all summer long to the comings and goings of close, distant, and virtually unknown relatives!
  • Brothers on both sides, who laugh and share their great sense of humors with us.
  • A sister in law, Jennifer, that has endured tough cancer treatments this year, and is emerging stronger and more beautiful than ever. (And the tender side of her jock husband, Kirk)
I realize many people don't have much extended family. Wow, was I blessed to have more than anyone could ask for. I love them all, and as the years go by, I'm sure all of them will end up on my blog at some point or another. Cousins, Aunts, Uncles,-wow-I am lucky!

6 comments:

Laurel said...

AND your extended family is so blessed to have you and Randy enriching their lives!

lisset said...

ditto to the comment above. you are by far one of the sweetest people i know. you must ALWAYS live by my parents :)

Christina said...

Ok Christy, we need an update! ;)

xoxo

Christina

Nichelle Jensen said...

Christy! You are such an amazing mom and great example of an incredible woman. I haven't seen you in forever but I wanted to say hi and tell you how I much I still love you:) Hope you're doing great down there. Tell Rand-man I say hello.
Love,
Nichelle

Gayle said...

Christy!

I rarely stalk blogs, and low and behold I found yours! Wow I am so amazed at your family! Congrats to Tara graduating! Sooo great to great to hear all is well with you & Randy.

Gayle

Alyson Plowman said...

A fun sister who is always opening up her house for the party that everyone wants to be at!

We love being with you